It is totally understandable if you want to give up on your economics research paper, most students feel the same. Economics is one tough nut to crack; there is a plethora of topics that you can pick for your research, sure, but none of them are easy to research upon.
Economics is a vast subject with more than a few disciplines and sub-topics that are not so small either. This makes it not so difficult to pick topics and find content, but researching on a vast subject means there are as high possibilities of missing out things in the research papers. Furthermore, compiling all the data, facts and figures, and information and writing a perfect research paper outline along with the prose is not easy.
That is what this post is for – to help you break down the economics research paper. Here are a few tips for you to work along and you can come out with a great research paper.
Picking the Topic: It’s true that there are a lot of topics in economics, but that only makes it tougher to decide on one. Many would say that the best way to start writing a research paper is to decide on the topic and then start reading the sources. On the contrary, if you start reading on a more general topic and then pick something that catches your eye, it will serve two purposes. One, you will get a unique topic. Two, you will already have information as to where to look for the sources.
Gathering the Arsenal: Before you set the pen (or the keyboard) to work, you must make sure that you have every piece of information that you might need on the specific topic of your economics research paper. Since it is an economics paper, you need to fairly accurate about your facts and figures. You will need to cross check all the information that you have gathered from the sources. Only after you have all the information, and only after you have confirmed the information, you should start writing the research paper.
Writing the Research Paper: You will have to be vigilant while writing your economics research paper. There is as definite structure of a research paper that you should follow while penning down the information in your own words. Following are the parts or sections of a standard research paper that you should keep in mind:
- Research Proposal: Writing a good research proposal is a bit tricky. You need to write a specific aspect of your research paper that demonstrates the aim and objectives of the research, and the problem statement that you are trying to solve through your research.
- Research Methodology: Methodology is where you mention all the means and processes that you are planning on using to get to the bottom of the problem statement. The better and the smarter your research methodology is, the more are the chances of your research paper getting accepted.
- Literature Review: A list of sources and their historical analysis of the context of all the sources that you have taken in to write your economics research paper is called a literature review of the research paper. You should talk about the sources, their relevance, their importance, and the reason you picked them for your economics research paper.
- Findings and Analysis: This section of your economics research paper talks about the results of the methods and processes you employed to get the data and/or the information that you were trying to find [out in order to solve the problem statement. Not only should you mention the findings of your methodology in an order, but you should also have a properly written an analysis of the findings. A good comparison of your findings and analysis sections with your literature review is even better.
- Conclusion: You need to put down a firm concluding verdict at the end of your economics research paper. In your conclusions section, you should make sure that your problem statement is no more a problem; it’s should be solved.
Revision: After you have written the first draft, you need to re-read and polish it to make sure your economics research paper does not have any technical or linguistic mistake whatsoever.
For Further Information
Although writing a perfect research paper in economics is not that easy, but it is not undoable, too. You can get yourself some help in writing your research paper from the academic writing assistance websites online. Things like writing a good research proposal, literature review, methodology, findings and analysis, and conclusion are not very difficult to write if you stick to the tips from here, or take help from a good website.